Thursday, August 27, 2009

EOC Week 7: My Biggest Challenge

My biggest challenge in creating the marketing plan is the development of the idea. ‘What do women want?’ was the question asked in Mad Men. For me, it’s ‘what do people want out of vodka?’ What in-laid desires do people have when it comes to alcohol consumption? For me, this is the most important focus of any marketing plan. Without a product that people want, no money can be made. We have often talked in class of how the auto industry isn’t producing relevant products. I don’t want to fall into the same thinking. It is true that marketing can boost a product to greatness from nothing, but it all must start with a product that people want. I think that after I have pinpointed my product and the market to which it is assigned, I can begin to determine the other aspects of the plan. Product, to me, is the most important of the four Ps. The challenges I face after the determination of the product will not be difficult to overcome. With further knowledge of my product, I can begin to tackle the pricing, promotion, and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment