Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 8 EOC: Progress on Vodka Brand

When looking at other Vodka brands and their websites, I have noticed that there is a void in the market. There are few products that target to the casual, social drinkers. There are many types of vodka that target clubs and late-night partiers. My vodka brand will fill that void.

I’ve sealed down my pitch for my vodka brand and I am now developing a marketing plan to promote my brand. I am looking at marketing towards a slightly older generation which poses a set of challenges when deciding how to market my brand.

When marketing to the middle aged consumer, I think that it is important to be familiar with how they view life and themselves. I believe that most middle aged people want to still feel young as well as have a good deal. Most importantly, they want to relax. My marketing plan should incorporate these ideas to ensure that I reach my market segment.

Here are a few ideas that I am considering when promoting my brand:
· Determining which social networking sites cater to older generations and creating an account/page to reach those individuals
· Creating a coffee table book to be sold at Las Vegas bookstores
· Using a slogan that ties the idea of relaxation with my vodka cider
· Promoting my product heavily at Christmas and Thanksgiving

I want my product to be essential to the idea of relaxation. I want men and women alike to come home from a hard day’s work and curl up on the couch with a good cup of vodka cider. I will be targeting the middle class who work hard and want to really let loose at the end of the day without going out and partying.

No comments:

Post a Comment